If you have finally decided to take a set towards depression treatment in Dubai then it’s going to be the best decision of your life. It is normal to feel a little nervous when you first meet up with your therapist but you don’t have to be, here are some tips which will help you navigate your way on how to open up to your therapist Dubai and seek help.
- Your therapist is quite familiar with depression and they may understand things well than you do. So there is no need to be nervous in the first place. You don’t have to feel strange with them because it is you who is new to this not them, it is you who needs to understand your thoughts not them.
- Don’t be ashamed or scared because you have been diagnosed with depression. You may not immediately want to open up to your friends and family and it is completely fine. According to ethical code, whatever conversation you have in your session stays hidden so no one is going to find out about this unless you want them to.
- It may take some time to diagnose the exact cause of the problem. There is no definitive lab test which can help you with it but your doctor may run you through different tests to rule out other physical or medical conditions that can be triggering depression.
- Next they may ask you certain questions related to your life in general. It could be related to your current mood, current situation or something about the past if necessary. Sometimes people with an ancestral history of depression are also prone to it so if you have any of those, be open about it.
- Your symptoms play an important role in treating depression. You may not even know and the symptoms would be there present. This is the reason that you need a professional to point out what is wrong with you and how it can be treated.
After a detailed analysis it would be seen what is the real problem and how it can be treated. Throughout this process you will have to be patient about things and understand what your therapist has to say. Things are going to be alright just by having faith in yourself.